Dispute Resolution and Legal Representation
Our approach to resolving disputes is characterized by the close collaboration of experienced dispute resolution practitioners, patent lawyers and technology experts. We are not only familiar with the legal rules and practices of the courts and authorities deciding cases, but very quickly get up to speed on the technical questions underlying a dispute. More importantly still, we are aware that disputes take up substantial time and resources, and that the outcome ultimately reached through formal proceedings does not always correspond to the parties’ expectations and interests. As part of our advice, we, therefore, always explore strategic options and potential alternatives to proceedings, whether through negotiations, mediation or otherwise.
Recent cases from our practice:
- We acted for the seller in a post-M&A dispute relating to the sale of production facilities to the US.
- We represented clients in patent infringement and patent nullity suits relating to medical technology, electrical engineering, software patent and injection moulding.
- We represented a pharma company in a dispute with a supplier of clinical material.
- We acted as lead counsel for a biotech company in a cross-border licensing dispute, also advising on coordination with parallel criminal proceedings, impact on the relationship with a sub-licensee and settlement opportunities.
- We assisted a medtech company with its response strategy to criminal charges against former business partners, conducting an internal investigation and advising on interactions with law enforcement agencies in several countries, as well as on related litigation risks.
- We defended a private individual against alleged director liability claims.
- We assisted a leading beverages company with the assessment and enforcement of liability claims against a supplier of additives.
- We accompanied a bank employee in a criminal investigation concerning cybercrime.
- We defended a foreign state in attachment and litigation proceedings in relation to property located in Switzerland.
Publikation von Rudolf A. Rentsch und Alexander Grosse-Kracht - Globalisierung und Innovationen
In der aktuellen Ausgabe des KMU-Magazins erläutern Dr. Rudolf A. Rentsch und Alexander Grosse-Kracht, wie Schweizer KMU Innovationen im globalen Umfeld schützen können. »
Publication of Anne-Catherine Hahn on international arbitration
Bribery Allegations in Arbitration Proceedings – 10th edition of The International Arbitration Review »
Publikation von Thomas Kretschmer zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen
Im Rahmen unserer Serie zum Thema Technologie und Recht im KMU-Magazin publiziert Thomas Kretschmer einen Artikel zur Schutzfähigkeit von Software-Innovationen. »